Why Buy Eyeglasses Online Wellington KS?
If you have ever purchased eyeglasses in Wellington KS, then you are well aware of how much prescription lenses and frames can cost, especially if you are interested in purchasing a pair of designer glasses. In addition there is the inconvenience and added expense of having to make and drive to an appointment with your Optometrist or Ophthalmologist. You can see that it soon becomes an expensive proposition. And you may even have to wait for an appointment to open up sometime in the future! But what if you could buy eyeglasses online today instead? If you have ever ordered anything online, and nowadays who hasn’t, you already know that internet stores usually beat brick and mortar retail outlets hands down on pricing. And what if you could skip the office visit and purchase online right now from an eyewear vendor that could offer you a substantial discount compared to your Optometrist? Does it sound too good to be true? Well let’s take a look at how you can buy your next set of eyeglass frames and lenses online at a fraction of the cost you are used to paying.
You Need Your Prescription to Purchase Glasses Online
To purchase prescription eyeglasses or prescription sunglasses, you must obviously have, you guessed it, your prescription. What many people do not realize is that your Wellington KS Optometrist must provide a copy of your lens prescription upon request. In fact, it is a violation of Federal law for your doctor not to give it to you if you ask for it. Unfortunately, most Optometrists will guide you right into their room where they have eyeglass frames displayed immediately after your eye exam. They do not volunteer that you are not required to purchase Rx eyeglasses from an Optometrist at full retail prices. Some of the types of eyewear that you can purchase online at a discount are:
- Prescription Glasses and Sunglasses
- Reading Glasses
- Prescription Safety Glasses
- Designer Eyeglasses
- Rimless Eyeglasses
- Cat Eye Glasses
- Children’s Glasses
Many online glasses websites will not require that you actually upload your scanned prescription or fax it to them. What is important is that you provide the correct numbers and the type of lenses, i.e. single-vision or multi-focal. If your Wellington KS Optometrist provides them in a handwritten format that is not easy to read, make sure that you confirm them for accuracy or ask for a typed version.
You Also Need to Provide Your Pupillary Distance
An important part of your eyeglass prescription is your Pupillary Distance (PD), which is the measurement between your two pupils. Having an accurate measurement is important because it ensures that your corrective lenses are placed directly over your pupils. And the more powerful your prescription lenses are, the more important that they be properly centered. Some Optometrists will forget to include your PD when you request your prescription, so be sure to ask him or her specifically to include it. There are self-measuring methods that you can use in a pinch, but having your doctor measure is the best method. But be prepared when asking for your prescription and PD to receive a lecture about the risks of buying glasses online. It may also provide an opportunity to discuss with your doctor if there is any reason why you should not buy glasses online due to the nature of your prescription or fitting requirements.
How to Order the Right Glasses
There are some additional things that you should keep in mind when ordering your glasses or sunglasses online to ensure that you are happy with your purchase.
- Order the right frame size. Wearing glasses that don’t fit properly is both uncomfortable and unattractive. Frames have three size components: eye size, bridge size and temple size. Check to see what size your current frames are, or use the size guide that most websites provide.
- Order glasses that complement your face. The right glasses can add to your appearance and the wrong ones can detract from it. Pick glasses that “fit” your face structure and are flattering. Many websites have guidelines that will assist you in picking the right frames.
- Order frames that fit your personality. Color, shape, and materials all add to eyewear style. Be sure to pick frames that not only fit your personality, but also your wardrobes. Don’t forget, you will most likely not only be wearing your glasses for casual events, but also for more formal ones as well as at work.
- Order the right lens material and coatings. There are three basic types of eye lens material: plastic, polycarbonate and high index 1.67. Each is appropriate for specific uses, such as polycarbonate for athletes, and high index 1.67 for high prescriptions. There are also a variety of coatings that you can have applied to your lenses, such as a UV coating to protect your eyes from the sun.
- Check the Return Policy. Most reputable online eyewear companies will post their return policies on their websites. If after taking the proper precautions to ensure your glasses are right for you, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund if for some reason they are not. Of course they must be returned undamaged and certain other restrictions may apply.
Do You Currently Buy Your Glasses in Wellington KS?
Perhaps you are used to buying your prescription eyeglasses in Wellington Kansas because that is where you live and that is where you do business. If so, here is a little bit of background history that may be of interest.
Wellington was first surveyed in 1871 and named for the Duke of Wellington. It was designated as the permanent seat of Sumner County in 1872, winning out over competitor Sumner City. Trading with the cattle herds coming up the Chisholm Trail was an important factor in the early economy of the town.
In 1887, the Chicago, Kansas and Nebraska Railway built a branch line north-south from Herington through Wellington to Caldwell. It foreclosed in 1891 and was taken over by Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railway, which shut down in 1980 and reorganized as Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas Railroad, merged in 1988 with Missouri Pacific Railroad, merged in 1997 with Union Pacific Railroad. Most locals still refer to this railroad as the "Rock Island".
Wellington is located at 37°16′2″N 97°24′0″W / 37.26722°N 97.40000°W / 37.26722; -97.40000 (37.267289, -97.400061), at an elevation of 1230 feet. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 8.19 square miles (21.21 km2), of which, 7.61 square miles (19.71 km2) is land and 0.58 square miles (1.50 km2) is water.
Buy Your Prescription Glasses Online in Wellington KS Now
It’s easy to find and order prescription glasses online in Wellington KS at a fraction of what you would pay at an optometrist or brick and mortar retail outlet. Whether you are looking for reading glasses, bifocals or fashionable designer eyeglasses, you can find the right glasses at the lowest price available online. So what are you waiting for? Take advantage of the big savings by buying your next pair of eyeglasses online now!
Some of the Other Noteworthy Cities in Kansas
Business Results 1 - 10 of 4